About the Firm
Perdue Brandon Fielder Collins and Mott LLP is a law firm focused on property tax and governmental collection matters. Since our founding in 1970 in Texas we have grown steadily every year adding attorneys clients and office locations. Presently we have 12 offices in Texas with more than 400 employees including over 50 attorneys.
About the Opportunity
We are a Law firm with state-wide practice seeking an individual to prepare suits for litigation in its Amarillo office.
Qualifications: High School Diploma required. A 2-4-year Bachelor's Degree or a degree in paralegal studies is preferred, but will consider significant paralegal or title review/examination experience in lieu of those qualifications. Prior work as a title analyst is a plus.
Responsibilities include performing a variety of legal and administrative tasks, including:
- Read, understand, and make determinations regarding ownership and lienholders from title research.
- Prepare/draft original petitions and citations in civil litigation.
- File documents electronically in accordance with standards set for each county
- Work with real estate, oil and gas interests, and business properties.
- Communicate and assist clients and our attorneys in moving accounts through the litigation process.
- Manage timelines and deadlines throughout the process.Great work environment, vacation days, and medical/health insurance in addition to 401K with generous match.
- Please specify salary requirements in your cover letter.
- The ideal candidate for the position must be able to function well in a fast-paced, professional environment, be extremely organized, possess excellent oral and written communication skills, and be able to perform tasks with minimal supervision. The ability to prioritize, multi-task, take initiative, and meet deadlines is essential. The candidate must have a high level of efficiency and accuracy in dealing with detailed work. Candidate must be computer literate with Windows 7 and Microsoft Word, Excel, Exchange, and Outlook.