- Garland, TX, USA
- Full Time
medical, dental, vision and a generous PTO policy
Perdue Brandon Fielder Collins and Mott LLP (PBFCM) has an immediate opening for a Legal Assistant in our Garland office.
PBFCM has been in business since 1970. We represent more than 2000 governmental entities in Texas school districts, cities, counties, hospital districts, appraisal districts, and special districts. We have grown steadily every year. We currently have 12 offices across Texas with over 50 attorneys and more than 400 employees. Founded on the principles of honesty and ethical conduct our success is due to our refusal to deviate from these core values.
This is a full-time position with great benefits including medical, dental, vision and a generous PTO policy. PBFCM offers a professional, yet casual environment. We are a law firm committed to quality and integrity. This position is a great way to get started in the legal field and learn valuable skills.
Legal Assistant Responsibilities:
- Maintain and update databases
- Prepare and e-file litigation documents with various courts
- Prepare various outgoing letters
- Maintain documents within document storage software
- Receive and make phone calls daily from and to clients, constables, court personnel, taxpayers, and others
- Correspond daily via email with clients, constables, court personnel, taxpayers, and others
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent; or, equivalent combination of education and experience
- Outstanding computer skills and knowledge including, but not limited to, the following: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, including verbal and written communication
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and as part of a team, and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision
- Strong attention to detail and a self-starter
- Excellent critical thinking skills
If you have an interest in this opportunity, please apply via our website at: www.PBFCM.com