About the Firm
Perdue, Brandon, Fielder, Collins and Mott, LLP represents more than 2‚000 governmental entities in Texas, including school districts‚ cities‚ counties‚ hospital districts‚ appraisal districts and special districts, in the collection of ad valorem taxes and other governmental receivables. We have grown steadily every year since our founding in 1970. We currently have 12 offices across Texas‚ with over 50 attorneys and more than 400 employees. Founded on the principles of honesty and ethical conduct‚ our success is due to our refusal to deviate from these core values.
About the Opportunity
Our Arlington office has an immediate opening for an associate attorney to represent our clients in the collection of ad valorem taxes and other governmental receivables.
The Arlington office is looking for a self-motivated and energetic attorney to work as part of our team. The ideal candidate will work with other attorneys and legal support staff under the direction of a partner on:
• Suit preparation and review;
• Large caseload management;
• Title examination, including mineral titles;
• Providing clients with opinions and advice on legal issues;
• Assist with managing and maintaining current firm clients;
• Attend evening and occasional weekend events, and statewide conferences;
• Occasional travel required.
• Familiarity with collection of ad valorem taxes and other governmental receivables, open meetings, public information act and other law applicable to local government entities preferred;
• Title examination experience, including mineral titles;
• Recently licensed, 2-5 years of experience, will consider exceptional candidates who are licensed with no experience;
• Excellent writing and research skills;
• Must have a strong work ethic, organizational skills, inter-personal and social skills, and be a self-starter.
• Please submit a writing sample and your resume.
*Information provided in response to this posting will remain confidential unless approved by candidate.