Title Research Clerks determine ownership and lien status for real property in order to assist in the collection of delinquent property taxes. The position also reviews documentation recorded at the County Clerk to determine if it affects the subject property.
Job responsibilities also include: search, analyze, and evaluate records on titles by looking through private and public records; ability to verify ownership of properties; ability to verify legal descriptions and identify relative liens and encumbrances.
Job Skills Requirements:
- Must have excellent oral communication skills.
- Must have excellent written communication skills.
- Must have clear and neat handwriting.
- Must be well-organized. - Must have good computer skills.
- Must have excellent critical-thinking skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Must be able to grasp complicated legal concepts.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must have excellent proofreading skills.
Job Experience Requirements:
- Must have prior experience in an office environment.
- Prefer prior experience in a law office, title insurance office, or general abstracting experience.
- High School Diploma required.
- Prefer some college education.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work 37.50 hours per week, 8:30am - 5pm - Monday - Friday.
Pay Range: $10.00 to $14.00 DOE